Sunday, September 16, 2012

Civil society activism and authoritarian rule in Romania and Chile. Evidence for the role played by art(ists)


I wrote a chapter about "Civil society activism and authoritarian rule in Romania and Chile. Evidence for the role played by art(ists)" in  Civil Society Activism under Authoritarian Rule (Routledge 2012) edited by Francesco Cavatorta and that you can order here: http://www.taylorandfrancis.com/books/details/9780415692649/.
László Újvárossy, Chestnut Self-portrait, 1983, photography, dimensions variable

2 comments:

Taco Werewolf said...


Hello, I am an artist known as Taco Werewolf and for the past few years I have been making humorous political art involving Mexican food, primarily tacos. I mainly focus on political elections during election time. My last project was the "Obama Taco Underwear" painting series at http://otunderwear.com. I began this in 2008 I currently have 25 different installments of that series on the site.



My new 2012 series is called "The Mitt Romney Oven Mitt, Enchilada and Magic Underwear" painting series and it can be found at: http://ovenmitt.tacowerewolf.org. I just put this site up a few days ago. There are currently only five paintings on the site, but I plan on making more in the next couple months as the election heats up.



I was just wondering if you could review my latest "Mitt Romney" series, or even the older "Obama Taco Underwear" series on your blog; or even just provide a link to them with a blurb or something, to help me bring some attention to my work online? I would really appreciate any help I can get and I thank you for your time!



Sincerely,

Taco Werewolf

Bikram Singh Majithia said...

wow !! nice.